Sunday, May 25, 2008

goodbye great grandma...

on friday morning, i received news that my great grandma passed away.. on that day itself, around 4 something, me and my dad went to LCCT to buy ticket to go back(i write back bcoz i was born there).. yea.. on the way, i was praying that there is still ticket left for us, coz is quite last minute, and if we cant get the ticket, we have to come again the next morning.. Thank God, we managed to buy the ticket..

while in the waiting lounge, we met 2 of my aunties and one uncle.. well, they are oso going back when they heard the news...

when reach my great grandma hse, met lots of my aunties and uncles.. those whom i have not met for almost 3 years.. my grandfather, my granduncle.. all the grand grand wan la.. all there... so after toking, and get ready some stuff, my family(my mum was there on friday morning) went to my 3rd auntie hse there to sleep... wif my 8th auntie..

next morning, when to my great grandma place there.. her body was in the hospital.. she was a buddist, so was most of my aunties and uncles... so they had the "memorial" service, which is putting her body into the coffin.. that was one of the saddest occasion... my grandfather, granduncle and his wife, grandauntie, one more granduncle, my mum, my 2nd auntie, uncle Patrick, Auntie Pauline and Auntie Pamela.. they were crying and crying the most.. coz they were the one whom my great grandma took care of them.. they cry until i oso almost drop my tears.....

well, after they put her body in, since they are buddist, so they invite those ppl to sing those buddist "hymns".. and they bought in a group of "choir" to sing... since my family are christian, so we went outside to sit down a while.. well, there i get to catch up wif one of my cousin whom i have not seen her for like dunno how many years.. i think since she was in form 1.. she moved to other place in sarawak.. so when i saw her, i was like, eh, so big d ah... hahaha... rmb me, and my cousin brother, always fight against my sis and her... like see who can eat the "kampua"(sarawak mee) the fastest and all... really funny la last time when we are small...... so now she is big gurl d..

so after that, went for dinner, den go shop for another long pants, den went back and sleep coz the next day is the burial service.....

on sunday, which is 2day, woke up so early, den rushed off to my great grandma place to prepare.. ya.. i have to wear a white t-shirt provided by those funeral ppl, and a cloth around my waist.. look like kungfu ppl.. is to show each generation by each generation lo.. haha.. ya and a white shoe.. which i think is kinda comfortable... haha.. yea, so went to hospital again, den there the ppl sing "hymns" again.. same like yesterday... den went off to the burial ground....

there, she was buried 2gether wif my great grandfather... side by side........... too bad i cant take pic there, if not is quite touching... haiz haiz...

i personally do not know my great grandma dat well.. onli noe she is old, she took care of my mum, she onli noe how to speak fu chow.. and she gave me angpau when i go back.. i din really tok to her coz i do not noe how to communicate in fu chow.. the onli sentence she found to amuse her is when i say "wa me hiu tia, me hiu gong", which means, i dun understand, dunno how to tok... den she keep toking and toking, den i quickly ask my auntie or grandauntie to interpret.. den i answer.. haha... but i noe she is a very strong women... her age when she passed away is 87 years old.. leaving behind lots and lots of grandchildren and great grandchildren...

rest in peace great grandma................

and of coz, with my camera around, i get to take some pics...



Picture from the field of hospital... while they were singing "hymns"...













taken outside my great grandma's hse...




















Blurry picture of the nightlife in Sibu...

No comments: